Reports to: Department Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 40 hrs. per week; Standard Business Hours
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Are you an automotive professional looking for more variety in your everyday work duties? If yes, continue reading! SolvIT, Inc. has an opening for a Advanced Diagnostics Specialist that offers a diverse skillset and a workday that will never be the same as the next.
What does the Advanced Vehicle Diagnostics Specialist do?
The Advanced Vehicle Diagnostics Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the diagnostic
serviceability for dealer technicians on all automotive products. This team member must collaboratively
shape the diagnostic strategy from product design phase through product launch. The success
of this team member directly impacts the technician’s ability to fix the vehicles right the first time.
What you will be doing:
The Advanced Vehicle Diagnostics Specialist will develop diagnostic-related service strategies for new vehicle technologies. The specialist will also facilitate cross-functional diagnostic strategy reviews and identify and coordinate electronic control unit (ECU)- focused service requirements with the release engineer.
The Advanced Vehicle Diagnostics Specialist will enforce diagnostic protocols and specifications for ECUs on upcoming vehicles and track and report diagnostic readiness of ECUs for new model launches.
What makes you qualified:
- Bachelor’s degree in Automotive Technology, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- 2 years of experience in vehicle electronics, vehicle diagnostics, or as a dealership /
independent repair shop technician
- Strong organizational and self-management skills
- Strong communication skills--written and verbal
- Familiarity with office productivity tools such as presentations, spreadsheets, word
processor applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Google Suite)
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Worksite located in Auburn Hills, MI
What makes you an All Star:
- Strong understanding of modern automotive electronics
- Prior experience with diagnostic tools used in the automotive, agricultural, or heavy duty
- Basic understanding of computer software (software logs, XML, CAN bus logs)
Can you meet these physical demands?
- Non-strenuous with low risk; primarily sedentary with some walking, standing, and carrying of light objects; Adequately lighted, ventilated, and heated area where normal precautions must be observed
What kind of a work environment?
- Work is generally performed within a normal office environment using standard office equipment; Moderate noise typical of a business office; Travel for company business required to attend off-site meetings, etc.; May require early morning, night and weekend work assignments; Interaction with contracted providers, staff and vendors by phone and face-to-face will be constant and may be interruptive; Work may be stressful at times.
Do you have clearance to work?
- All selected candidates will be required to sign a confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement
- Candidates must pass a local/state/federal criminal and employment eligibility background check
- Authorization to work in the United States as verified through the E-verify System
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), company matches up to 4%
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Your chance to work at one of the Top Workplaces in Michigan