Reports to: Help Desk Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: M-F, 40 hrs. per week; within 7am – 7pm timeframe (Some Saturdays)
What does the Help Desk Agent – Level 1 do?
Under direct supervision, a Help Desk Agent – Level 1 is responsible for:
- Answering inbound calls from customers from an automotive diagnostic environment in both English and French
- Identifying and categorizing customer issues to either provide resolution or forward information to a Level 2 Agent
- Various ad hoc projects
What you will be doing:
- Utilize a ticket system to document and summarize issues.
- Troubleshoot networking issues.
- Communicate to customer base, coworkers, supervisors both verbally and in writing via phone, email, IM, etc.
- Perform daily activities according to set policies and procedures and document all activities using a ticket system.
- Attends meetings, internal training sessions as needed.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and flexible work environment. At times, projects and client needs require adaptability and agility to adjust work duties.
What makes you qualified:
What makes you an All-Star:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Fluent in both English and French, written and spoken.
- Work experience, schooling, and/or training experience in IT particularly with network troubleshooting.
- Ability to be ready to work at your assigned start time.
- Reliable, consistent attendance is required.
- Long term career interest in Information Technology.
- Ability to learn and apply IT technology and concepts.
- Customer service experience (face to face, by phone).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows OS and Microsoft Products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and interface with peoples of diverse ethnicity and various technical knowledge levels.
- Demonstrated ability to make difficult concepts easy to understand.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Evidence of flexibility and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to excel both independently and as a team member in a highly collaborative environment.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment; provide/receive feedback to/from various team members.
Can you meet these physical demands?
- Experience in a call-center/help desk environment.
- Familiarity with French Canadian dialect and/or with automotive jargon.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products.
Do you have clearance to work?
- A set work schedule will be provided, but some flexibility is required as hours may vary due to need.
- Attending training on non-scheduled hours may be required periodically. Advanced notice will be provided.
- Physical demands: Non-strenuous with low risk; primarily sedentary with some walking, standing, and carrying of light objects; Adequately lighted, ventilated and climate-controlled area where normal precautions must be observed.
- Work environment: Work is generally performed within a normal office environment using standard office equipment; Moderate noise typical of a business office; Travel for company business required to attend off-site meetings, etc; May require early morning, night and weekend work assignments; Interaction with contracted providers, staff and vendors by phone and face-to-face will be constant and may be interruptive; Work may be stressful at times.
What’s in it for you?
- Signing the Company non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements.
- Acceptable results from a Company initiated background check.
- Compliance with the Federal Form I-9 completion timelines and policies and confirmation of employment authorization by the U.S. Federal electronic system, E-Verify.
- All newly-hired employees are queried through the U.S. Federal Electronic Employment Verification System, “E-Verify”. Section 1 of the Form I-9 may be completed upon your acceptance of this job offer, but no later than your first day of employment. On your first day, but no later than your third day, you will need to bring original documentation to verify your eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Medical, Dental, Vision available at little or no cost depending on coverage level.
- Paid Time Off – Includes vacation, sick, personal and paid holidays.
- 401(k), company matches up to 4%.
- Fun and flexible work environment.
- Your chance to work at one of the Top Workplaces in Michigan.