Reports to: Manager of Technical Services
Job Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday hours as needed As needed on-call rotation
The Front-End Systems Developer will have the primary responsibility of consulting, architecting, maintaining and supporting complex Linux system environments for both clients and internal projects within SolvIT. The developer will be working on several development projects both internally and for external customers. Core job responsibilities will include:
- Design and build web service applications optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability
- Diagnose and resolve technical problems
- Work with offshore back-end development team to ensure on-time bug-free code delivery
- Local travel to customer sites as needed
What you will be doing:
- Design web user interface and user experience balancing between functional and aesthetic design
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various projects and operational needs
- Develop functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with the development team on systematic enhancements or changes
- Solve unusual or highly technical problems
- Contribute and maintain system standards
- Research and recommend innovative, automated approaches to web design architecture and user experience enhancements
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed
What makes you qualified:
- 3+ years of front-end web development using the latest architecture and key design principles
- 3+ years of experience with software development lifecycle
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 1+ years of experience with CSS and HTML
- Proven abilities LAMP Skills
- Proficient understanding of the software development life cycle
- Ability to communicate orally and write in a professional manner
- Works well both alone or in a team setting
- Ability to successfully interface with customers and various levels of management
- Ability to handle highly confidential information/material
- Strong analytical skills
What makes you an All Star:
- Some experience designing and building end-user web applications that are backed by a database, (MySQL, Mongo); MongoDB administration
- Some experience designing and building web service applications that are called by thick clients or other web services
- Experience dealing with SSL client certifications for client authentication and identification
- Experience in designing high availability applications (HA, fail over, session management)
- Experience in large data processing (map reduce)
- Some familiarity / experience with Amazon EC2 Services
Can you meet these physical demands?
Physical demands: Non-strenuous with low risk; primarily sedentary with some walking, standing, and carrying of light objects; Adequately lighted, ventilated, and heated area where normal precautions must be observed
Work environment: Work is generally performed within a normal office environment using standard office equipment; Moderate noise typical of a business office; Travel for company business required to attend off-site meetings, etc.; May require early morning, night, weekend and on-call work assignments; Interaction with customers, staff and vendors by phone and face-to-face will be fairly constant and may be interruptive; Work may be stressful at times.
Do you have clearance to work?
- Signing the Company non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements
- Acceptable results from a Company initiated background check
- Compliance with the Federal Form I-9 completion timelines and policies and confirmation of employment authorization by the U.S. Federal electronic system, E-Verify.
- All newly-hired employees are queried through the U.S. Federal Electronic Employment Verification System, “E-Verify”. Section 1 of the Form I-9 may be completed upon your acceptance of this job offer, but no later than your first day of employment. On your first day, but no later than your third day, you will need to bring original documentation to verify your eligibility to work in the U.S.
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, Dental, Vision available at little or no cost depending on coverage level.
- Paid Time Off – Includes vacation, sick, personal and paid holidays.
- 401(k), company matches up to 4%.
- Fun and flexible work environment.
- Your chance to work at one of the Top Workplaces in Michigan.