Reports to: Department Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: M-F; Standard Business Hours
Location: Rochester Hills
SolvIT, Inc. is seeking an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, delivers as a way of life and is inspired to make a positive impact. The team member is expected to establish effective working relationships, founded on trust and transparency, with our internal and external partners. Sound judgment, excellent communication skills and the ability to drive decisions through consensus and influence change are a must.
What does the IT Project Manager do?
- The Project Manager will manage overall coordination of automotive IT diagnostic applications development projects from planning through implementation
- Set project scope, priorities, deadlines and deliverable schedules; facilitate discussions and consensus among various project stakeholders such as analysts, programmers, and customers
- Manage and monitor project budgets and expenditures
What you will be doing:
- You will provide leadership and mentorship to a cross-functional agile team.
- Manage the work stream activities, deliverables and timings, planning, scheduling and tracking of activities, identification of critical path items, associative risks and remediation management
- Reporting of progress against the detailed plan activities
- Facilitation required pertaining to the plan, deliverables, impacts and expectations including but not limited to communications across the participating teams
- Design and maintain technical and project documentation
What makes you qualified:
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering Technology or related field of study
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Project Management or IT Management
- Extensive knowledge of Agile project delivery approach
- Experience as a scrum master on cross-functional teams for software implementation projects while applying Scrum principles, practices and theory
- Experience with technical writing, documentation, system diagramming, specification authoring and management
- Experience with creation of statement of work (SOW) business plans
- Strong customer management experience
- Ability to conform to rigorous work plan, shifting priorities and demands and aggressive timelines
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office and Project Management collaboration tools
What makes you an All Star:
- Experience with Jira project configuration along with managing and maintaining Jira issue reporting to appropriate teams
- Knowledge of automotive diagnostic scan tools/applications and the aftermarket automotive repair industry
Can you meet these physical demands?
- Physical demands: Non-strenuous with low risk; primarily sedentary with some walking, standing, and carrying of light objects; Adequately lighted, ventilated and climate controlled area where normal precautions must be observed.
- Work environment: Work is generally performed within a normal office environment using standard office equipment; Moderate noise typical of a business office; Travel for company business required to attend off-site meetings, etc. May require early morning, night and weekend work assignments; Interaction with contracted providers, staff and vendors by phone and face-to-face will be constant and may be interruptive; Work may be stressful at times.
Do you have clearance to work?
- Signing the Company non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements.
- Acceptable results from a Company initiated background check – includes criminal and driving record.
- Compliance with the Federal Form I-9 completion timelines and policies and confirmation of employment authorization by the U.S. Federal Electronic Employment Verification system, E-Verify.
- All newly-hired employees are queried through E-Verify. Section 1 of the Form I-9 may be completed upon your acceptance of this job offer, but no later than your first day of employment. On your first day, but no later than your third day, you will need to bring original documentation to verify your eligibility to work in the U.S.
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, Dental and Vision available at little or no cost depending on coverage level
- Paid Time Off – Includes vacation, sick, personal and paid holidays
- 401(k), company matches up to 4%
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Your chance to work at one of the Top Workplaces in Michigan
- Develop requests for quotes (RFQ) for external services
- Assist in writing statements of work (SOW) and business plans
- Some local travel to customer site, as needed