Reports to: Technical Services Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: M-F, 8-hour shift; traditional business hours. Rotational schedule; evenings and weekends
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Are you a talented professional who is passionate about technology, eager to solve challenges on a varied range of complexities and supporting a team environment?
What you will be doing:
- Responsibilities include independent analyses, communication and problem solving
- Maintain, design and configure networking and system environments
- Maximize network performance/optimization by monitoring, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with other technical colleagues and clients
- Lead and assist other technical colleagues with administration and management of network infrastructure including firewalls, switches, routers, wireless, SANs and both physical and virtual environments
- Maintain inventory of equipment and parts as well as documentation of vendor activities
- Develop and document system standards for computer and network devices
What makes you qualified:
- 3+ years’ experience with Cisco Routers and Switches
- 3+ years’ experience with Linux administration and engineering, server automation and scripting
- Strong knowledge using Fortigate and/or Juniper firewalls
- Ability to upgrade, install and troubleshoot networks, OS, software, networking hardware devices and software
- Experience managing, deploying and maintaining server equipment
- Experience installing and configuring Windows-based environments including Active Directory, Exchange, and Office 365
- Experience using monitoring tools such as Nagios, Cacti, etc.
- General TCP/IP, Networking and LAN/WAN Administration
- Demonstrates strong problem solving and issue resolution capabilities
- Works well taking guidance from senior resources
- Handles highly confidential information/material
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Very strong documentation skills and adherence to system standards
- Works well both alone or in a team setting
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to successfully interface with customers and various levels of management
What makes you an All Star:
- CCNA Certified or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware/AWS/Azure)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Systems Networking & Telecommunications
- Experience in AWS that would include: assisting in the deployment of a cloud stack in a production environment; developing scripts and code to integrate multiple software components; and/or managing cloud application hosting in AWS
- Served as senior or lead network systems administration or engineer
Can you meet these physical demands?
Physical demands: Non-strenuous with low risk; primarily sedentary with some walking, standing, crouching, climbing a ladder and carrying of objects (such as servers) up to 40lbs; Adequately lighted, ventilated, and heated area where normal precautions must be observed.
Work environment: Work is generally performed within a normal office environment using standard office equipment; Moderate noise typical of a business office; Travel for company business required to attend off-site meetings, etc. May require early morning, night and weekend work assignments; Interaction with contracted providers, staff and vendors by phone and face-to-face will be constant and may be interruptive; Work may be stressful at times.
Do you have clearance to work?
- Signing the Company non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements
- Acceptable results from a Company initiated background check
- Compliance with the Federal Form I-9 completion timelines and policies and confirmation of employment authorization by the U.S. Federal electronic system, E-Verify
- All newly-hired employees are queried through the U.S. Federal Electronic Employment Verification System, “E-Verify”. Section 1 of the Form I-9 may be completed upon your acceptance of this job offer, but no later than your first day of employment. On your first day, but no later than your third day, you will need to bring original documentation to verify your eligibility to work in the U.S.
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, Dental, Vision available at little or no cost depending on coverage level
- Paid Time Off – Includes vacation, sick, personal and paid holidays
- 401(k), company matches up to 4%
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Your chance to work at one of the Top Workplaces in Michigan