Reports to: Software Developer Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: M-F, Standard Business Hours
The Software Developer – Level 2 will have the primary responsibility of consulting, architecting, maintaining and supporting complex Linux System environments for both clients and internal projects.
What does the Software Developer- Level 2 do?
- Design, architect and maintain several Linux implementations and projects.
- Design and develop Linux Systems utilizing specific programming languages and relational databases (PHP, Python, C/C++, Node JS, MySQL, MongoDB).
- Design and build web service applications.
- Diagnose and resolve technical problems.
- Documentation of operating environments and projects.
- Local travel to customer sites as needed.
What you will be doing:
- Programmatic-related solutions for various projects and operational needs.
- Database development using MySQL, Mongo, or PostgreSQL.
- Manage migrations of current/legacy Linux environments to new architectures.
- Develop functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Solve unusual or highly technical problems.
- Contribute and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, automated approaches to programmatic administration tasks.
What makes you qualified:
- 3-5 Years Linux administration experience (RHEL, CentOS preferred).
- 3-5 Years of LAMP skills (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PERL/PYTHON/PHP).
- Mobile application development experience using Intuit IOS.
- Ability to work onsite in Rochester Hills, MI office.
- Ability to communicate orally and write in a professional manner.
- Works well both alone or in a team setting.
- Ability to successfully interface with customers and various levels of management.
- Handling highly confidential information/material.
- Strong analytical skills.
What makes you an All Star:
- C/C++, Node JS Development experience.
- Some experience designing, building and administering end- user web applications that are backed by a database, (MySQL, Mongo, PostgreSQL).
- Experience designing and building web service applications that are called by thick clients or other web services.
- Experience dealing with SSL client certs for client authentication and identification.
- Experience in designing high availability applications (HA, fail over, session management).
- Experience in large data processing (MapReduce).
- Experience in programing for embedded Linux devices (OpenWrt, Raspberry Pi).
- Some familiarity with Amazon EC2 services.
Can you meet these physical demands?
Physical demands: Non-strenuous with low risk; primarily sedentary with some walking, standing, and carrying of light objects; Adequately lighted, ventilated and climate controlled area where normal precautions must be observed.
Work environment: Work is generally performed within a normal office environment using standard office equipment; Moderate noise typical of a business office; Travel for company business required to attend off-site meetings, etc; May require early morning, night and weekend work assignments; Interaction with contracted providers, staff and vendors by phone and face-to-face will be fairly constant and may be interruptive; Work may be stressful at times.
Do you have clearance to work?
- Signing the Company non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements
- Acceptable results from a Company initiated background check
- Compliance with the Federal Form I-9 completion timelines and policies and confirmation of employment authorization by the U.S. Federal electronic system, E-Verify.
- All newly-hired employees are queried through the U.S. Federal Electronic Employment Verification System, “E-Verify”. Section 1 of the Form I-9 may be completed upon your acceptance of this job offer, but no later than your first day of employment. On your first day, but no later than your third day, you will need to bring original documentation to verify your eligibility to work in the U.S.
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, Dental, Vision available at little or no cost depending on coverage level.
- Paid Time Off – Includes vacation, sick, personal and paid holidays.
- 401(k), company matches up to 4%.
- Fun and flexible work environment.
- Your chance to work at one of the Top Workplaces in Michigan.