Reports to: Software Development Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: M-F; Standard Business Hours
What does the Software Quality Analyst do?
The Software Quality Analyst is responsible for creating test plans for software launch and usage. This Analyst will be responsible for creating training materials for users, conducting user acceptance testing, running test scripts – either manual or automated, solution testing, pre-& post production testing, defect and resolution tracking as well as various other ad hoc projects. This role will also have responsibilities in defining business requirements and documenting business processes as they relate to system design and functionality. In some cases, this role will require the Software Quality Analyst to function in a Business Analyst role in addition to the Quality Analyst role.
What you will be doing:
- Document business requirements and business processes
- Own the entire QA process and participate in the decision making for a production deployment
- Creating test plans for software launch prior to production
- Document training materials
- User acceptance testing
- Communicate to coworkers, supplier, vendors and supervisors both verbally and in writing, phone, email, IM, etc.
- Must perform daily activities according to set policies and procedures and document all activities
- Attends meetings, internal training sessions as needed
- Present material in front of team and customers
- Able to work in a fast-paced and flexible work environment. At times, projects and client needs require adaptability and agility to adjust work duties
What makes you qualified:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum 3-5 years software QA testing
- Ability to demonstrate assertiveness when working on assigned projects
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Office 365 and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Ability to present technical material in front of groups of people
- Demonstrated ability to make difficult concepts easy to understand
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Evidence of flexibility and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to excel both independently and as a team member in a highly collaborative environment
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment; Must be able to provide/receive feedback to/from various team members
- Ability to learn IT technology and concepts
What makes you an All Star:
- Prior project management experience
Can you meet these physical demands?
A set work schedule will be provided, but some flexibility is required as hours may vary due to need.
Attending training on non-scheduled hours may be required periodically. Advanced notice will be provided.
Physical demands: Non-strenuous with low risk; primarily sedentary with some walking, standing and carrying of light objects; Adequately lighted, ventilated and climate-controlled area where normal precautions must be observed.
Work environment: Work is generally performed within a normal office environment using standard office equipment; Moderate noise typical of a business office; Travel for company business required to attend off-site meetings, etc.; Interaction with contracted providers, staff and vendors by phone and face-to-face will be fairly constant and may be interruptive; Work may be stressful at times.
Do you have clearance to work?
- Signing the Company non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements
- Acceptable results from a Company initiated background check
- Compliance with the Federal Form I-9 completion timelines and policies and confirmation of employment authorization by the U.S. Federal electronic system, E-Verify.
- All newly-hired employees are queried through the U.S. Federal Electronic Employment Verification System, “E-Verify”. Section 1 of the Form I-9 may be completed upon your acceptance of this job offer, but no later than your first day of employment. On your first day, but no later than your third day, you will need to bring original documentation to verify your eligibility to work in the U.S.
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, Dental, Vision available at little or no cost depending on coverage level
- Paid Time Off – Includes vacation, sick, personal and paid holidays
- 401(k), company matches up to 4%
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Your chance to work at one of the Top Workplaces in Michigan